Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A rose by any other name...

A few shots of Annie at the Westphall Thanksgiving:


Almost a smile--we're still working on photographic evidence that she is a happy baby.

This is her more typical "concerned" face.

Sam and I debated and agonized over what to name our daughter, and now that she's here, she has a hundred nicknames. It makes one wonder why we were so stressed about deciding on a name (and by 'we' I mean me). Anne Meredith is also known as:

Annie
Annie-Pie
Annie-Pants

Annie-Poo
Annie-PooPiePants
Annie-Bell
Annie-Cat
Spider Anne
Anne-in-the-pan
Anners
Sunshine
Bright Eyes
My Petite
Lovely

and the most popular choice: baby

I think we will just name the next child "Fill in the Blank" and wait to see what strikes our fancy.

3 comments:

Oma Penny said...

Mmm. . . Posted by Corrie at 10:59 AM. I thought you were working then! I love having Annie-Pie here with me during the day. Opa loves seeing her before he goes to work and when he calls home he always asks about her. She is the best!

Corrie said...

Yes, funny how I have MORE time to blog now that I am back at work...

Nanny #2 said...

We all know I love Annikens (my favorite that you did not mention), but why does it look like she has old man saggy cheeks? All babies have them. Why did you make babies that way Jesus?