Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Class of 2026

I don't know why, but I am fascinated with the names people give their children. I always like to know what combinations they've chosen and why. Family name? Positive association? So as we meet people with babies Annie's age, I try to file their names away in my head. Here's a list of who we know so far, either in real life or in the blog world. Middle names are included when known. There seems to be a trend toward more old-fashioned, classic names. There's not a Hailey or McKenzie in the bunch!

Girls:
Anna Ngoto
Anne Meredith
Anya Joy
Avy Kay
Carmen
Cecelia
Charlie (yes, a girl)
Elizabeth Katherine
Lillian Annmarie
Lillian Louise
Natalie
Sophia Elaine
Sophia Grace
Torrin

Boys:
Brendan Marcel
Calvin
Eric
Maximus Murphy
Seth Walker
Tate

It is also fun to know what babies would have been named had they been born the opposite gender. Annie would have been Benjamin Samuel, though we talked about Sean Avery for a while (Sam is the 4th generation with the initials SAW). What was your baby going to be?

2 comments:

The Thuente Family said...

Brandon Patrick if it would've been a boy. Although I'm glad she's a girl because I liked Lillian a lot more! Thanks for the congrats! We are all doing really well. Just trying to get adjusted to the whole sleeping in segments thing. I'm sure we'll figure it out soon. At least I have 5 months until back to school! She'll be almost as big as Annie by then! Crazy! Hope you guys are doing well!

Anonymous said...

OPA says: What!?! Sean Avery? No grandchild of mine will EVER be named after one of the biggest cheap-shot artists in NHL history.

That's it...Any future children will require grandparent approval before naming.