Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Month of Holidays

I forgot to mention in the last post that Friday was Sam's 24th birthday. We celebrated by sending Anne to Oma and Opa's for the evening and making dinner together. I also made Sam's favorite cake, which we noshed on for a few days. It was frosted with Cool Whip, which Anne enjoyed off her parents' fingers.

May also held our first Mother's Day as parents. Anne created a beautiful finger painting for me, which Sam orchestrated amazingly. I had no idea there had been paint of any kind in my house. They attempted to write "Happy Mother's Day" across the bottom, but only had room for "Happy Mom." I put it on the fridge as a reminder of the key to a happy day :)

Today, the 14th, is the day Sam and I celebrate as the anniversary of our first date. We've been together for 8 years now. That's one third of our lives! I love you, hubby. I'm glad we met each other in the biology lab oh so many years ago.

Last, but not least, we will celebrate 1 year in our house at the end of this month. It was/is a big month for our family!

No comments: