Friday, September 26, 2008

Bragging a little

So this post has no pictures and isn't even about Anne, but hang in there! I need to brag about my hubby a little bit.

Sam started his new job as a Dish Network installer in May and has really enjoyed it. He likes the travel, variety, and outdoor nature of his job.

Every two weeks, the installers (techs, as they're called) are ranked on their job performance. This is done using a complicated formula that combines the number of jobs completed, the difficulty of those jobs, the hours at each job, and the number of "TC12," which is a "trouble call" within the 12 days after initial work is completed. Anyway, they figure out these numbers and rank the techs in each level. Sam is currently a Level 1 tech.

Out of the approximately 1,500 Level 1 techs in the company (that's nationally) my husband ranks #17! Can you believe it? We're talking 98th percentile here. If you need someone to install your satellite tv system, he's your man. We are both so thankful that he has found a job that he enjoys, keeps us fed and sheltered, and that is he is (apparently) really good at! Annie and I are proud of you, Sam!

5 comments:

Nanny #2 said...

Yay!

Anonymous said...

Yay for a happy husband with a job he enjoy's and succeeds at!!! That is great!!

The Thuente Family said...

That's so great! I had to laugh the other day because I got my hair cut short and one of the students thought I was you from the back! I actually heard someone say, "Is Mrs. Westphall subbing today?" It was pretty funny!

Will said...

Attaboy slugger! I knew you had it in ya!

Ginger Murray said...

He would be good at that! He's friendly, and I assume he'd be quick at getting everything hooked up. Great job, Samsam!!