Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sammers!

The boy ate an entire container of sweet potatoes last night. He was just ravenous! He kept grabbing at my hands and the spoon, and I couldn't get the stuff in there fast enough. It was pretty hilarious to see him chomping away. We'll have to do some video soon.

You can see I'm not being the "good mom" and starting with the green-vegetable baby food. Sorry, but those baby green beans are disgusting! Bananas, sweet potatoes, next up is applesauce. He'll eat his vegetables eventually.

3 comments:

Nanny #2 said...

It may take him until college like some of us, but he'll get there eventually. I can't believe he's even big enough to start having real food.

TB said...

we skipped the greenies too for baby food...if i would not eat it, i would not serve it to my baby....and i tried those jars of greenies--NOT good :D

Nana said...

Too funny! I can only imagine. Ben & Hillary's youngest, Tommy, LOVED sweet potatoes. He ate so many, he was actually a little orange! They hadn't noticed it, but it was the first time I'd seen him (he was maybe 7 or 8 months) and I thought he was jaundiced! They took him to the doc and he was just fine. So if Sammy starts to look like a little pumpkinhead....