Thursday, January 27, 2011

Speech, speech, speech!

Some new things Sammy is saying:
okay!
please?okay! (all one word, approving his own requests)
hooray!
woo hoo!
armadillo (comes out as "ah-co-co", but it is too funny!)
what did you do? (ah-do-do?)
I did it!
oh my!
oh no!

He really does exclaim these things--everything he says has a tone of extreme importance.

Sammy has a book that asks a question on each page, and the answer is always "Me, I do!" Now I read him the questions and he knows to respond to the next page with "I do!" The little man really loves his books right now, especially those with babies in them. He'll stand at the bookshelf saying "Ah baby? Ah baby?" until you find him the baby books.

Anne also said some hilarious things recently:

First, she was talking about Daddy coming home from North Dakota. I said he would be home when she was in bed. She told me, "I will come to your room, and Daddy will open his eyes, and he will say, 'Who is that kid?' and I will say, 'I'm Annie!'"

The second quote needs some backstory: Anne sometimes watches "Olivia" on TV. The character Olivia will stop once during the show and share one of her "Rules of Life". One rule is "Rule of Life number 45: Whatever the problem, costumes are always a good answer."

We got haircuts on Tuesday and Anne did not want her hair cut. She was talking the whole way to the salon about how she did NOT want a haircut. All of a sudden she says: "Rule of Life number 45: Whatever the problem, haircuts are always a bad answer."

How's that for complex thinking skills, huh?!?! Super Genius strikes again.

1 comment:

Nana said...

Wow, Corrie; these two are so articulate and full of surprises! I can't wait to see them, and talk to them. Maybe Sammy won't be so shy with me next time, I hope, I hope.