Sunday, July 31, 2011

Interlude--Trip to the Children's Museum

Nana very generously purchased us a membership to the Children's Museum as a Christmas gift. We took a trip last week to check it out. The kids were thrilled to be in "the city"; they walked the skyways and saw big buses! Here are a few snapshots from our trip:

First, a quote on the wall to inspire my work at school!
The visiting exhibit right now is all about Legos. Here the kids sat on a giant Lego bench. The quietest place in the museum was the Lego building area for kids 3 and up--they were taking their work very seriously!
We freed Sammy from the stroller and he was strutting around like he owned the place.
Anne enjoyed all of the hands-on exhibits. Here she is checking out an x-ray of a frog.
There were several school/daycare groups at the museum that day--I forget that my husband does not work with small children :) He was ready to go pretty soon after we arrived because the noisy crowd was making him crazy! I had to remind him to relax and just keep an eye on his own kids. Funny how I didn't even notice, though, while he was really bothered. I guess I am immune to kid noise now!

1 comment:

Nanny #2 said...

I know a place they could come to get a real big city experience...

And yes, all Droogsmas tune kids out pretty easily. Is that bad?