Saturday, June 2, 2012

Random Tidbits

--The Calvinator's favorite place to sleep: on Mom.

--Calvin is a name we liked; it is not in honor of anyone.  I just realized last night that both Calvins I know have a brother named Sam, so they must naturally go together.  Jacob is the name of Sam's maternal grandfather, though he preferred to be called Jack.  We almost named him Joseph, but Cal was the name I kept coming back to throughout my pregnancy.

--We call him Cal, Baby Cal, Baby Cow (little Sam's pronunciation), Cal-Pal, The Calvinator, C.J., C-Jack, and OhMyGodGoToSleep

--I have a basic Amazon Kindle (black and white, books only) and it is great to use while feeding the baby.  It is the only way I've found to read one-handed.  Load it up with free e-books from the library and we're good to go!

--Cal seems sensitive--he doesn't like his diaper to be dirty and he cried both times I got out the nail clippers (I didn't actually trim his nails.  He got too worked-up for me to do it!)

--Cal is a great sleeper, if you hold him.  If you lay him down anywhere, notsomuch.  I spend a lot of my day on the couch, feeding him and snuggling him to sleep.  It was fun for a couple of days, but it is getting old now.  Other people need me, too, buddy!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I have a nook and found it was great for the same reason. He's cute! I hope he gets used to sleeping somewhere else soon!