Thursday, August 22, 2013

First Tooth

I have kids losing teeth AND kids teething...

Anne learned at her last dental check-up that she had 2 loose teeth.  I had no idea.  She has talked about wanting to lose a tooth for the past year, so any time she told me something was wiggly, I was not inclined to believe her.  Guess that backfired.

She spent the afternoon at Oma's today.  As Anne tells it, she was playing horses with her friends Nic and Lucy.  She had a jump rope in her mouth as her bridle.  When Lucy came to remove the bridle, the tooth came out with the rope and promptly fell in the grass, never to be seen again.  Oma says Anne was not sad or upset about this.  Anne matter-of-factly told me that the Tooth Fairy is not coming tonight because she does not have the tooth to give her, "but she will come next time when I lose my other tooth."

Eeeeew, bloody socket!

Getting that scraggly, big-kid smile

No comments: