Wednesday, February 24, 2010

It finally happened...

...after nearly 3 years of marriage and countless dinners together, I have made something that Sam did not like. I never thought I'd see the day.

My cooking abilities have grown in the last few years and I am enjoying trying to find recipes that are affordable and easy to make. I frequently read $5 Dinners (link on the right) and have tried some of those recipes. Last week I saw this egg bake that looked pretty good. I decided to try it since we have some bread that we need to use up.

So last night I get it all prepped and into the oven.

It smells amazing.

We dish it up and sit down.

I take a bite.

"Wow, this is pretty good!" I say

I look up to see Sam making the classic "What the #^@*#$ am I eating?" face. I'm pretty sure he would've spit it out if he'd had a napkin.

I was not offended--I started laughing! All these years he's eaten whatever I've put in front of him, even if I have not liked it (remember those turkey tacos? Inedible!) Yet here he was, unable to clear his plate. I really never thought I would see this day...

I said "Really? You don't like it? I think it's really good." His reply? "Good. I hope you like the leftovers, too."

I guess this particular dish will not be making another appearance in the Westphall house.

No comments: