Thursday, September 16, 2010

Wrapping Up Summer

Here are a few of the leftover pictures from the end of our summer. Since it is freezing outside and I've broken out my cardigans, it must be time to say goodbye to summer and hello to autumn.

My Anne-Pan, cute as ever.
After the birthday soiree, Sambo's real birthday was kind of anti-climactic. He did wear his "1st Birthday" shirt to church to show off.

Our memory of Summer 2010? It was so hot! Check out Sammy's sweat halo.


To cool off, we "swam" on the deck a few times. Then we made a waterslide, and Anne was thrilled. Sambo hates to swim, so he watched.

In addition to the kitchen project, I also painted our bathroom. Bathrooms are awful to paint because you have a lot of cutting-in to do, and tricky areas like painting behind the toilet. But I endured and our bathroom looks much better. It was plain white before and had no life at all. Now "Tropical Surf" coats the walls and helps my white fixtures stand out a bit.
I must also point out that this is the only bathroom in our whole house. Just one. So don't come over and clog our toilet, because we don't have a spare. And no, the potty chair does not count.

No comments: