Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sixteen Months!

Sam Roman is 16 months old today. Sam and I were discussing our opinions of the baby last night. Sam thinks he has changed a lot since his birthday and I feel like he's the "same old Sam" even though I know he's doing a lot more stuff! Here's a bit about what he's doing

Physical/Motor
-climbs up stairs
-walks very well
-sometimes kicks things
-starting to do well with a spoon
-climbs up on a chair
-turns around and slides off the couch
-pulls his blanket out through the slats of his crib
-walks out to the car (so funny to watch him toddle through the garage!)
-still has only 5 teeth
-still favors his left hand

Communication
-hits his head when he is mad
-arches his back and screams sometimes!
-pulls out the box of Play-Doh, drags it to me, and grunts until I open it

Signs and Says
-more
-milk
-please

Words
up
Mama
Dada
Oma
Opa
Nana
apple
mow-mow (cat)
tay-too (thank you)
Ah-nee (Annie)
yellow
hello
Bye-bye
neigh-neigh
baa-baa
moo-moo
Lydia
Elijah
ball
golf ball
duck (sometimes)
night-night
Dee-Dee (his blanket, just like Anne calls hers)
No no!
po (phone)

He has had some dry patches of skin on his legs, so when I put his pajamas on I put lotion on him. Last night I was rubbing his legs and rubbing his feet. He took the lotion and said "More, more" I guess he likes it! A little baby massage for my little guy.

He's growing just like he should be and is still a pretty agreeable boy. Love you, Sam Roman!

1 comment:

Nana Harry said...

You are raising another smart darling. He is really a little man now.