Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Frankie says: Relax

This blog rarely wades into the political, since I am familiar with the stances of most of my readers. However, I am in an interesting position as a Republican voter in a deeply Democratic world (teachers and librarians are notoriously liberal...I am a combination of both teacher AND librarian...liberals abound in my day-to-day life)

In the Republican world there is much debate about who the nominee for President will be in 2012. No one knows for sure, and I am certainly not educated enough to wager a guess. What I can tell you is who it will NOT be. I write this for my handful of liberal readers who need to CALM DOWN about the potential nominations of:

Sarah Palin

and

Michelle Bachmann

While I find these women to be excellent role models, they are far too polarizing to ever get support from the delegates at the RNC. You either love 'em or hate 'em, and we GOP-ers know that we need a unified party to topple the Obama regime. So stop your yak-yak about a Palin/Bachmann ticket, 'cause it ain't gonna happen.

Also not going to happen is a Mitt Romney nomination. Too liberal, too Mormon, and he's from Taxachussetts. Barf. Take your sacred underwear back to the eastern seaboard and get out of my life.

The Westphall house offers no prediction on who will take on Obama in 2012. Gingrich? Pawlenty? Christie? I did shake hands with T-Paw once, and we love a bit of national attention for MN, but that's nothing to base a decision on.

Democrats, relax. We crazy conservatives will continue our pattern of nominating an educated white male for President. Sarah and Michelle will continue to appear on Fox News just to get you worked up.

3 comments:

TB said...

you. crack. me. up. :)

they do just go on fox to work us up, don't they!

Staples said...

good review. I find Bachman so annoying I can't get past her rantings to even look at her politics! As much as I would love to vote for a woman pres, she would definately not get mine. Question: If I vote democratic am I automatically a liberal? Likewise Republican a conservative? I think I consider myself a conservative liberal :) :)

Corrie said...

Yes, to me the words Democrat and liberal mean the same thing, as do Republican and conservative. I'm pretty black-and-white on these things. If you vote Democratic but have conservative leanings, it doesn't matter, because the people you voted for will be working to advance a liberal agenda, since they are true liberals. The same is true if you vote Republican but have liberal leanings. Most people are not extreme one way or the other, but the people we elect are, so you have to choose which side you "like better" and go with it.