Thursday, May 5, 2011

Whose kid are you? Oh yeah, your dad's.

Anne cracks me up some times. There are days when I see her and think "Ugh, you are my clone!" and other days "Wow, you are your father." (Funny how when she is bothering me, it is because she is acting like me....)

Last night we walked over to see Sam playing roller hockey. Anne was walking around the rink with 2 new toys--a Jessie and Bullseye set from "Toy Story", compliments of Nana. She was enthralled with them, but when another little girl wandered over, Anne blew me away. She said "Hi! These are my new toys. Do you want to play with them with me?" And she held them out and let this other girl take one and off they went.

Now, if that had been me at age 3, I would have looked at the other girl, rubbed my toe in the dirt, and turned the other way to find my mom. So shy! I'm glad my daughter has inherited her father's ability to socialize. She should have no problem making friends at preschool (though she may drive her teacher crazy!)

1 comment:

Nana Harry said...

This was oh, so sweet; but the other thing I loved was when she said "You have curly hair, like me!" They are some spectacular kids, even if I do say so myself.