Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Parade


We took in our local parade on Sunday. I have always enjoyed the fact that our town festival is held during the first weekend of August. It gives us something to look forward to as summer winds down.

The parade was a good one--lots of candy! We also walked away with bead necklaces, a slinky, and several pencils. If it had been an election year our kids would've been covered in stickers, too.

Here's Dad and Anne, taking it in. Anne got those Dum-Dum suckers up off the street and into her mouth pretty quickly!Mom and Sammy. This was right at his naptime--he wasn't really diggin' it.

(These pictures illustrate our "divide and conquer" parenting strategy. When we go out I let Sam pick which kid he wants to be in charge of. I usually get Sammy since Sam doesn't like to push the stroller.)

Blue tongue!
Seriously, take me home and put me to bed...
Check out Moammar Gadhafi standing over my shoulder. Someone should tell Obama he's in the country.

Summer is soon to end for the Westphalls. We're trying to make the most of the few days we have left!

No comments: