Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week of Recipes--Day 7

BBQ Chicken Wings

I'm taking the lazy way out today and linking you to the recipe I made. Deal with it :)

As a general rule, I do not like chicken wings. They are small and bony and hard to eat. However, I was in possession of a bag of "party wings" and I wasn't going to just throw them out.

Enter: the CrockPot

My mom suggested making the wings in the CrockPot. I didn't think it would work, since meat in the CP gets really tender and falls off the bone--something you do not want when cooking wings. However, I went to the Crockpot 365 blog and found several recipes for chicken wings. We went with Apricot Barbecue Wings and they were delicious! I used a jar of grape jelly instead of apricot since I was not about to drive to the grocery store with 2 kids just for a jar of jelly.

Even when I was dishing up our dinner I was thinking "I'll just eat a couple, to try them, and leave the rest for Sam" Well..."a couple" turned into half a dozen--they were so good! Sammy ate some of the meat, too.

Give these a try. I am sure you will enjoy them!

No comments: