Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Food Issues

We've been trying in vain to introduce Anne to some chunkier baby food recently. She's normally a very good eater, but it seems anything with little bits in it is not okay. We've had 2 battles on this front: the first happened on a recent shopping trip. We sat Anne down in the highchair and broke out a jar of "Chunky Blend Vegetable Beef Pilaf". Everything in there was food she had eaten before. It was basically squash, beef stock, and brown rice. One bite, yucky face. Two bites, the "what are you feeding me?" face. Three bites, a gag. Four bites, several big gags that resulted in Anne throwing up all down the front of her dress. Sympathetic mother that I am, my first thought was "You did that on purpose!" I guess she didn't like it, but come on. Eat the food, drama queen.

We repeated the scene the next night at home with a jar of "Chunky Blend Chicken and Stars" I thought "Great, chicken. More mild, has some little pasta in it. She'll eat this one." I should've known better than to think such a thing. We had the same stubborn refusal, so Exasperated Mom showed up and said "Fine. Don't eat. Go nuts." A fine parenting moment, I know. Anne commenced playing in the food for about 10 minutes making a grand old mess and then consumed her weight in Cheerios to make up for the lost calories. Here's a few pictures of the melee.

Good thing I'm so cute!



Mikey got to enjoy the spoils. Check out our sweet green carpet!

No comments: