Saturday, August 29, 2009

First Week

One-handed blogging while I hold Sammy!

Last night with Daddy--he was wearing his masculine nightgown
Pajama time with Annie. This was before he peed all over his jammies and moved to the nightgown,
So many cute clothes--on Thursday he was "Daddy's Touchdown King"
On Tuesday--all of 3 days old--Sammy went to his first softball game! He was born just in time to see our church's team win its 4th consecutive championship. They won 16-6 (take THAT, Assembly of God!) and we had a good time. Oma and Nana were on hand to watch Annie--I wasn't quite brave enough to go alone. Here's a picture of the handsome devils who reign the church softball league.
Mine's the beardy one in the red shirt. All-Star first baseman!

Generic news:
-Sammy's eating well, though I think he's spit up as much this week as Annie ever did. She was not a spitter; this guy has me scrambling for a burp rag quite often
-Annie is handling the change as best she can. She's certainly crying and screaming more than she used to...
-Overall, things are going well. Amazing how much we forgot about having a newborn!

3 comments:

TB said...

Two is tough for a bit Corrie! Hang in there :) Week 1 of Luke coming home was VERY hard...Jack was 21 months if you remember and he spent quite a bit of time rolling around the floor screaming, "You no love me". And look at us now--2 and 4 and quite adjusted most days! I wish I was there to give Sammy a hug :) What size is he wearing....just in case I run into something baby I can't resist sending to you :) Miss you guys!

Leah said...

Ok, first of all, I LOVE that your church has a softball team. I'm going to have to get one going.

Second, you are such a great mom. I know you are going to do awesome with two kids. Annie will fall in love with her brother, Sammy will eventually stop spitting up (Jack used to do it a lot - and I mean a lot a lot), and you'll figure out how to put a diaper on a boy so that he won't constantly pee all over everything. Although you will need to cover him up at every diaper change (a practice I have slacked on and have been punished for recently).

I'm praying for you!

Ginger Murray said...

Haha-- "Beardy" one:) Love it.

Hi baby Sammy! I'll see you in a week!!