Thursday, May 20, 2010

(insert drooling noise here)

Can I just say that Culver's Caramel Cashew sundae is the most delicious ice cream treat in the world? Because it is. I am officially revoking the title from the previous holder, Snickers Blizzard, and crowning the sundae "King of Summer Treats"

I don't know what took me so long to try it--I love custard, I love cashews, and I love caramel. But somehow, when the trifecta unites in one dish, ice cream bliss is achieved. Creamy, chewy, salty, crunchy heaven. With a cherry on top, to boot. Seriously, go get one right now. Scoopie is waiting to serve you:

If you dare to disagree with me, leave a comment. But if you think a McFlurry deserves any mention in an ice cream discussion, just leave now.

4 comments:

Randy said...

I dare.

Disagree:

1. Dairy Queen soft serve is far superior to any custard, whether Culvers' or otherwise.

2. Any ice cream treat worth a darn is filled with some sort of cookie, cookie dough, or brownie - preferably all three.

3. Caramel is a prime example of adding two wonderful things like butter and brown sugar together and getting something that is less than the sum of its parts. I am probably alone in the world on that one.

Nanny #2 said...

I had no idea. If something can de-throne the Snickers blizzard, I'm there.

Anders said...

that is interesting. I just started eating cashews so I might have to try it.

Joy said...

i don't know. no chocolate? i am skeptical. my new favorite taste sensation is dairy queen raspberry truffle blizzard. and i didn't think anything could top the pecan cluster blizzard.