Friday, May 7, 2010

Playtime

If you are a girl, or are the mom of a girl, you know that girls don't really play. Girls arrange. Girls "set up". My sister and I used to spend hours setting up a grocery store or a house or a campsite, only to leave it all sitting there. It wasn't to play with--it was to admire! Anne has a wonderful kitchen and a whole bin of play food from her Nana. She loves to play with it all and is very familiar with all of the pieces (Mama, where is my whisk?) But, as a girl, she plays with it by arranging things all over. Food in the sink, food in the fridge, food in the oven, etc. Here you can see her with an orderly sheet of velcro cookies and her perfectly sliced pizza.

We like to play "picnic", but it just involves Anne moving things on and off of a tray and telling me "No, that's for me!" when I pretend to eat something. Then she obsesses about finding matching cups and spoons. Never question whether this child is genetically mine.

Here's the Sambo, who managed to bend over and twist one leg behind him. Now it looks like he is practicing his sliding for baseball.

He claps, too, and is learning to give high-fives. Another super-genius at the Westphall house :)

Thanks, Oma, for the outfit, which you correctly predicted would "make his eyes look so blue." What a handsome little man.

3 comments:

Nanny #2 said...

What a cute baseball star.

Ginger Murray said...

Anne just cracks me up.

And Sambo... That 2nd photo is so funny! Love it.

Will said...

Nice purple shirt kiddo...I have one just like it.