Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Vacation Activities

In the first week of summer vacation, I have made:

1 jar homemade tomato sauce

1 batch homemade Pop-Tarts

1 pitcher of strawberry smoothies

1 rockin' breakfast pizza (with sausage gravy)
Note: do NOT read the nutritional info--your heart will explode

1 glazed meatloaf

1 piece of peanut-butter toast, complete with a face made from banana slices and raisins


I'm pretty sure my family enjoys the fact that I am not working!


I have also been running, which I am enjoying. It is a nice way to get some "alone time" after the kids go to bed. We introverts need our alone time. This will not seem like an accomplishment to most people, but I can run a mile now without stopping. I couldn't even do that in elementary school.

So, all in all, this first week of vacation has been a success!

4 comments:

Oma Penny said...

Oh, and what happened to my homemade pop tart sample?

Nana Harry said...

Corrie, that's wonderful! You have made wonderful use of your time, something that's very hard for many of us to do. For instance, I tend to sleep when I have days off, not cook or run or make lovely food. You are amazing, and such a great example for your kids.

Robyn said...

Kudos on the running. I have about the same baseline as you, so I am thoroughly impressed. :) Making the time and taking the time is difficult.

-Ro

Leah said...

Your cooking makes me feel inadequate. ;)

Isn't running great?! A mile is an accomplishment. HUGE. Don't downplay yourself. My running time is also my alone time, thanks to the YMCA. I also get to shower without Jack trying to join me. Pure bliss.