Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Update

We have been on "summer vacation" for just over 2 weeks now, so it's time for an all-inclusive update on what we've been up to:

The kids and I have walked in a couple of parades supporting our local candidate for state senate. (I'm not going to type his name since I don't need my blog coming up in Google searches for him). The seat is up for grabs in November, with the incumbent retiring (see ya!), so we are doing our small part to get this guy elected.

My siblings will agree that we have more parade experience than any other family in existence. Our dad ran for Congress in 1992, then state senate in 1996, and 3 of us were active marching band members in high school. We have walked more streets than anyone, and in some of the smallest burgs around this great state, handing out campaign stickers and "lit" to voters. No one knows parades like the Droogsmas! So, in pushing my kids down the street behind the campaign pick-up, I am exposing them to our family's favorite summer pastime :) So if you live in District 28, visit the site posted on the sign below!
Like how I'm using that cupholder for a banana? An old banana and Diet Pepsi: excellent fuel for a long, humid walk! Nutritionist, I'm not.

In a totally unrelated story, I made a culinary blunder on Sunday. In my defense, I will say that all moms feel frazzled in the after-church rush to get lunch on the table, and Sam was rushing me as he was trying to get out to the golf course. Now that the excuses have been made, I present to you my great shame:
A grilled-cheese sandwich made with a wrapped Kraft Single. I didn't know until I tried to cut Anne's lunch into triangles and the cheese didn't cut.

Sambo is completely mobile now and crawling all over the place. It was awesome until he tried to do it in the bathtub...
This is what I found one night after I laid him down for bed:
"I'm awake, Mom! And I'm sitting!"

And here he is today after a particularly rough nap in the car. Look at that crazy hair.
Sammy's left eye has a plugged tear duct, resulting in lots of "goopies" in his eye and long, lush eyelashes. After sleeping we often have to pry his eye open and pick out the yuckies (I know, it's gross). That's what's giving him the Quasimodo-look.

We'll keep you up-to-date on all the fun that is yet to come!

1 comment:

Joy said...

that grilled cheese sandwich cracks me up!