Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Florida Day 3--Sunburn-free at the beach!

Someone was up bright and early this morning...no rest for the weary parents!Today was beach day. We drove from Orlando toward Tampa Bay and went to Clearwater Beach on the Gulf of Mexico. It was amazing! Sam and I have both been to the beach on the Atlantic, but it is nothing like the white sand and bright blue water we saw today. It was a perfect beach experience. Temps are in the high 90s here with a scorching sun--we wore a lot of sunblock today :)

Here's our botched attempt at a photo of me with the kids:
Anne and Sammy did not sit still for very long--they wanted to play, not take pictures.
Anne loved the water and bounced in the waves with Daddy. The salt water didn't seem to bother her too much.
Sammy stayed busy on the shoreline, lying on his belly and chasing seagulls (hilarious--he would run and them and laugh as the waddled away from him)
Being in and out of air conditioning has given both kids a stuffy nose. Today's swimming in a giant vat of saline solution left them both with extremely runny noses. It was unexpected to need a giant Kleenex at the beach!

Tomorrow we'll be checking out the swimming pools and water park here at our resort...stay tuned :)

2 comments:

Tim Droogsma said...

Is that a basketball on the shirt my grandson is wearing? If so, get it off him now!

Any video of the seagull-chasing? It sounds hilarious.

Ginger Murray said...

I went to Clearwater beach in high school, junior year, when I was in Florida for track. It's so pretty! Random story-- One of my first AOL AIM chat friends was from Clearwater. So when I was down there, which I told him I'd be, I called him on a pay phone (remember what those are?). He said his brother needed the car, so he couldn't come meet me in person. Which was probably a lie (okay, maybe not). But i found him on fb a couple years back, and we make funny comments back and forth to each other. He was going to come up to see a Twins game with his friend who was a big fan, and we said if that happened, we could meet up at a bar or something. Didn't end up working out (they decided MN in April was too cold;)). I should have made a joke about how he keeps avoiding me, and reassure him I'm not a creeper, hahaha.
No, but he's a cool guy. And Clearwater is cool. Also, random fact... did you know that their high school also has the Tornadoes as a mascot? That was Anoka's too! Do they have Tornadoes in Florida? I suppose... but in Clearwater? That seems weird...