Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Old Wives' Tales

In case you haven't heard, we are keeping this baby's gender a surprise.  We do NOT know what it is.  Sam never wanted to know, but I was always dying to know the first two times.  This time, surprisingly, I really didn't want to know.  We have one of each, so what does it matter?  It will be one or the other :)

Everyone in our little house thinks the baby is a girl.  Oma, Opa, and Grandma Joye think it is a boy (and Grandma has an excellent track record).  Here are some common old wives' tales and what they mean for us:

Craving sweet: girl.  Craving sour or salty: boy (I'm craving Doritos!)  BOY

Baby is carrying low: boy  Baby is high and wide: girl (I feel more low than wide): BOY

Breakouts, slow hair growth, "filling out the bra": girl GIRL

Heart rate below 140 beats per minute: boy  (it has been on the low end...) BOY

Mayan legend: Mother's age and the year: If both are even or odd, it's a girl.  If one is even and one is odd, it's a boy (Age 27 in 2011=girl) GIRL

Chinese birth calendar (Google it) says GIRL.  However, this thing was wrong for Anne and right for Sammy....

Three for boy, three for girl.  That wasn't helpful at all, was it?  Weigh in with your opinion in the comments.




4 comments:

TB said...

Boy :)

Just saying..... two boys are great and you already have a princess :)

either way, Healthy baby will be best!

Joy said...

You broke the string of girls in the Kleinman family and started the string of boys. So far the girls out number the boys so I say let's go for another boy. How much trouble could 4 boys born in less than 3 years cause anyway?

Nana said...

Well, you know it doesn't matter to me (I'd actually rather know the names than the sex!), but apparently the only one of these kinds of methods to bear any scientific fruit is that a mom-to-be with strong and lengthy morning sickness is more likely to give birth to a daughter. True in my case--Sarah had me losing my lunch (and everything else) for just longer than 6 months. So, using this last couple of days as your guide, I think you can confidently "think pink"! Hope you all feel much better soon.

Leah said...

Ha! I don't know about what you're having, but according to these wives tales, 4 to 2 Ben should've been a girl.