Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Yummy Links

Delicious ideas on the web today:

The Pioneer Woman has made pork chops in a wine and garlic sauce.  Sam and I once made chicken with red wine sauce after we bought wine and found out it is disgusting to drink.  Good to cook with, though!  And if you are not watching The Pioneer Woman cooking show on Food Network, you are missing out.  It is on Saturdays at 9:00 and just might be the highlight of my kids' weekend.  They love to watch Ree and her family on the ranch.

Cassity at Remodelaholic made sugar cookies in her waffle iron.  Sounds like an easy, chocolate-free treat for me!  (I must remind everyone that I am an equal-opportunity sugar consumer; a treat need not have chocolate in it to be delicious.  Examples: sugar cookies, vanilla pudding, carrot cake, etc.)

In other links, I read all of the "Best Of" entries at Rage Against the Minivan yesterday.  I was engrossed by Kristen's stories of adopting her two sons and the trials they face as a blended family.   I love to look at the craft ideas at Prudent Baby, but they had a dud recently.  I could rant on and on about the ridiculousness of candy-free Valentines, but their suggestion of sending home a bottle of glitter instead of candy made me roll my eyes a little extra.  Please, parents, do not send home a vial of glitter with all your child's classmates.  The other parents will hate you for either introducing glitter to the house or for making them be the bad parent and throw away the glitter.

The basement walls were textured yesterday, so we can move ahead with the painting!  Paint is definitely my "jurisdiction" and Sam was giving me a hard time at Menards last night, saying, "It is nice to have the roles reversed here.  When is that painting going to get done?"  Now I must impress him with my speed and efficiency.


No comments: