Thursday, November 6, 2008

One day late...

I meant to write this all yesterday, but it never happened. Busy, busy Mom!

Happy 2nd Birthday to Annie's "cousin" Emma Rae! Really, Annie and Emma's moms are cousins, but it all comes out in the wash. We're just family! We hope you had a good birthday and that you are practicing to be a helpful big sister.

Since Anne and Emma were born exactly 11 months apart, that means Anne was 13 months old yesterday. After 1 month of being 1, we see that she is becoming slightly more mobile and a much pickier eater. We have to be careful not to give her too many snacks or her whole dinner gets pushed on the floor (thank God for that dog to eat the mess for me!) In the mobility department we are seeing some improvement. She likes to stand and can even stand on her own for a few seconds. She will walk if you hold her hands and likes to bend down and play with her shoes. She can finally hold herself on her hands and knees, though she doesn't do anything while she's there. So we are making progress, which is what the doctor told us to look for. And Grandma, I think the shoes are helping!

Our November is crazy busy--there are 30 days and I have something on the calendar for 17 of those days. So hold on to your cyber-hats and get ready for a busy month!

P.S. There will be no detailed comments on the election here; if you are dying to know what I think (and if you know me at all, you already know what I think) you can read the comments I left on Erin and Will's blogs. All I know for sure is that Obama will be President until Annie turns five and (God forbid) Al Franken could be Senator until she is seven (that's first grade, people!) Sam and I decided we should move to the ever-red North Dakota where people think like we do...

No comments: