Thursday, November 13, 2008

Wrapping up October

Well, October has come and gone and we are well into November. Here are a few pictures that were trapped on our camera--I let them free last night!

Probably not the best toy in the world, but Annie really likes these ceramic bowls. I figure they're educational--nesting toys teach spatial relationships!

Just in case you forget which sport Anne enjoys the most...

With her new mobility it has been hard to get Annie to sit still and take a nice picture. I got a good one when she was playing the piano.This is the tired face, blankie in hand...It's weird, she like to hold the blankie in her right hand, which is also the thumb she sucks. I guess she needs one hand free for other tasks.
Anne with her pumpkin, pre-Jack-o-lantern. Her shirt has a Frankenstein on it and says "Little Monster"

Showing off the shirt again. We got it in the Dollar Spot at Target.
Sam with the giant pumpkin he just had to have.
Sam always thinks he wants to carve pumpkins, but halfway through he is tired of it. So we had Karl help. Karl had never carved a pumpkin before, and I was more than happy to give him mine.The results: My pumpkin got 3 bats, and Annie's had a nice little face. Sam messed up on the big pumpkin and we didn't put it out. I managed to break the "lid" of Anne's pumpkin, so it had no top. Between trying to eat dinner, dress the baby, answer the door, and get ourselves out the door, I bet our jack-o-lanterns were only lit for 10 minutes or so! Such a production that was really unnecessary. Good thing we had this cute puppy dog to set next to the pumpkins!
Last year's pumpkins, all done by Sam. We had more time then, since Anne was only 26 days old!
And Annie last year as a sleepy penguin with Oma and Opa. All I really remember about that night is changing a really poopy diaper at a friend's house while we were out visiting and Annie looking at my dad and having a visible reaction of recognition. It was the first time she looked at someone and moved her head and eyes as if to say "Hey, I know you!"

No comments: