Friday, December 12, 2008

A Big Day

Two big things to celebrate yesterday (though one is bigger than the other...)

#1. It was Mikey's "Gotcha" Day. People who adopt kids celebrate the day their kid(s) came home to live with them, so we celebrate the day we got Mikey. The celebration consisted of Mike getting a chunk of pepperoni and a hug. He was 2 when we got him, so sometime this year he turned 4. That's 28 in dog years!

#2 (and much more important than the dog)

OUR BABY WALKED!!!

She did, she did, and we are all elated. Oma got to see it first, then promptly showed me when I picked Annie up yesterday. She took 5 steps right to me! She got a big hug when she got there and squealed with delight. We went to Urgent Care last night (Baby's got pink eye!) and she walked all over the waiting room. She cruised on the chairs, but walked to Sam multiple times. At one point I bet she took 20 steps (they're little steps, but they count!) She still can't pull herself up on things, so she needs some help to get started, but we're making progress.

Pictures and video to come soon. If you live nearby or are coming home for Christmas, stop by and see it in real life :)

4 comments:

Oma Penny said...

After you left for work this morning, Annie scooted down the hall calling "Opa! Opa!" Too cute, but why "Daddy" and "Opa" and not "Mommy" and "Oma?"

Will said...

Oh my...this is too exciting! I'll be home next Wednesday, and I'll be sure to see this ordeal in person. Just have to get her pronouncing the "W" sound now...

Anonymous said...

Reading this I remembered just how excited I felt when Maddy started walking. I remember standing her up and giving her something to walk to over and over just to watch her do it and every time I just wanted to scream with excitement! Congrats Annie, you're such a big girl now!!

Ginger Murray said...

YAAAAYYYYY!!!!