Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Culinary Prowess

I have some interesting cooking tidbits to share today. First, I asked Sam what 2 holiday treats he wanted me to make this year. My mom is the kind of person who makes 5 or 6 different cookies each year just to please everyone, but I am not that kind of person. God bless her, because at least I know I'll get a yummy sugar cookie at her house! So Sam chose peanut blossoms (yum) and the Bugle "ice cream cones" You take a Bugle corn snack, dip the end in white chocolate, and pop an M&M in the top. After he chose I cursed myself for asking him, because I didn't want to make these labor-intensive treats!

So I went to the store, got the stuff, and got started on Saturday during Annie's nap. Since I didn't buy the official red and green Christmas M&Ms, I sifted through the bag I bought and picked out the "right" ones. Then I melted the chocolate and started dipping. I wasn't planning to make too many, because they were for Sam only (I think Bugles taste weird.) Here's how far I got before I was totally tired of doing it:
Then I had an epiphany: I will make Bugle Bark! With a quick flash of wax paper and cooking spray, I had the rest of the melted chocolate poured in a pan, crunched some Bugles on top and tossed on the rest of the M&Ms. Press it all in, pop it in the fridge, and voila! Same taste, one-tenth of the work.

This stuff is lethally sweet, and even I, who likes to eat plain brown sugar, cannot tolerate it. All for Sam!

On a more savory note, here is my awesome chicken fajita pizza I made the other night. It looked so yummy-delicious I had to take a picture. Chicken, peppers, onions, salsa, and cheese. Num-nums. Of course, this is a "good" dinner night. Right now I'm thinking "Hm, I have nothing planned for dinner tonight. Not even any thawed meat." Someone's getting boring baked chicken on his plate...Remember the night I made pizza and keep appreciating me :)

No comments: