Wednesday, January 14, 2009

More new words (and some cute pictures, too)

Here's baby Anne in her Wild jersey, having a grand old time. She especially loves to pound on the piano. I hope its out-of-tune-ness doesn't damage her musical ear!
Thanks for my sweater, Opa! I'm just like Mikko Koivu--blonde and adorable.

Anne has even more words than the list I posted 9 days ago. She says "uh-oh"when something happens and "uh-huh" when you ask her questions. As in, "Anne, are you hungry?" "Uh-huh". This morning she dropped her blankie in the garage and said "Uh-oh, deedee, uh-oh!" I totally knew what she meant, which was great. She did say "Hi Mama" one time at home, and apparently she says it at daycare when she plays with the phone. It's always funny how she holds the phone behind her head, not exactly on her ear. She's working on saying "diaper" (sounds like bye-buh) and generally babbles all the time. As soon as I get her out of the crib in the morning she signs for "milk" and "more" while I get her dressed. Apparently she is hungry in the morning! She also screams "Oh-MA!?!?" when I lay her snowsuit down to put it on, as in "Are we going to Oma's now?!?!" Smart cookie, my baby.

She's very close to being able to stand up on her own--Oma has been watching the progress each day. It would be awesome if she could stand on her own; right now she whines and cries for someone to help her stand, and that is getting old. Come on, baby, be independent in some way!

1 comment:

Nanny #2 said...

Could she be more Sam?