Monday, January 19, 2009

One more story...

...about our Thanksgiving day.

Sarah and I were walking out of Excalibur towards the car and we passed another mom with a stroller. She had a little boy who was wearing a long-sleeve shirt and pants. They step outside and she says "Jesus, it is freezing out here! Where is his jacket?" and proceeds to put a jacket on this kid, put the hood up and zip him in. I look down at my baby who is wearing a little cotton dress and has BARE LEGS and just kind of laugh. Temperature is all relative, I guess, but you have to be pretty weak to call mid-60s "freezing"

This reminds me of a story my dad likes to tell. He used to work with lots of businesses in California, and often had to small-talk about weather with people. He had a guy ask him once "So, when you say '10 below' you mean 10 degrees below freezing, right?" Um, no, we call that "22 degrees." At 10-below, water froze 42 degrees ago. Apparently living in CA means you don't understand negative numbers.

That said, the high today is a balmy 20 degrees. Heat wave!

No comments: