Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekly Word Wows and Messy Hair

Let's start with the hair: It is all over the place! Anne's head is full of wispy blonde hair that has no direction in life. It's getting kind of long and shaggy, but certainly not long enough to cut or shape into anything. I don't quite know what to do with it--it just sticks out all over and gets poofy in the back. Any ideas, moms of girls?
Lookin' too cute in my church clothes...

Anne now says "pizza" and "snack." Apparently she likes pizza (pee-sah!) and wants it at all times. She'll also stand by the pantry and say "Nah, nah!" which means "snack, snack!" This kid wants to eat all the time! It's hard to know when to say yes and when she's bluffing--I guess I can give her some veggies and if she's really hungry she'll eat them :)

She's also resurrected her ability to answer "What does a cat say?" She used to do it, forgot how, and is now back on track. A cat says "Mow."

It is quite fun now because she will try to repeat anything you say to her. She doesn't get all of the sounds, but she's trying! She a walking talking machine!

I may be jinxing myself by writing this, but my baby does not stand or sit up in the crib. She's known how to get from her back to her seat for some time, and now she can stand up, but she's never done it in bed. She's probably the only 15 month old baby who still has her crib mattress at the highest setting! (Don't worry--it isn't that high) It is weird that she'll lay in there on her back, simply waiting for someone to come and pick her up. 95% of the time she wakes up peacefully--you hear her talking to herself or kicking her legs and know that she's awake. But she won't roll over and sit up or try to stand. Weird-o-rama. I tend to think she just really likes her crib and likes to sleep in there, which then makes me think we might have some trouble when she needs to move to a toddler bed. I'll be asking for that advice when it becomes necessary.

No comments: