Friday, January 16, 2009

Playing at Oma's

Anne decided to wear the little backpack at daycare today. She's too cute. We caused quite a stir this morning because Anne had a barrette in her hair. Nic said "Annie has a flower!!" and Lucy said "Annie has a bow in her hair!" It was a pretty big deal to the 3-and-under set.

We are ready for Daddy to come home. Mommy is tired of singing "The Wheels on the Bus" and changing all the diapers. I had kind of a freakout last night when Anne woke up at 3 am and when I got up was super dizzy and hot. She ended up crying in the crib while I was "driving the porcelain bus," if you get my drift. (Or having the "technicolor yawn, as Opa calls it.) It was just so scary to think "Okay, I'm the only adult here and I'm incapacitated. What do I do if I can't get up and walk? Who do I call?" Not fun. All was well, but I wouldn't want to do it again.

Our school week went like this: Monday, early out. Tuesday, late start. Thursday, no school. Friday, late start. I'm pretty sure the only 2 districts in the state to have school yesterday were the one I student taught in and the one I used to work in! Sorry to my friends in Anoka-Hennepin and #196. You just can't catch a break, can you? Sometimes it's good to work in the small, rural district...

3 comments:

The Thuente Family said...

We actually got a 2 hour delay today- which meant no middle schoolers! I saw your district's off day on Thursday and got so jealous! I am hoping for a full day off soon. Let it snow!!! Annie is too cute with her back pack!

Anonymous said...

For future reference, I hope you call Sarah or your mom or me...I know Sarah's up at that hour, and I usually am--but I'm an hour away and by then you probably won't be sick anymore (call anyway). On a happier note: This is the CUTEST girl I have ever seen, and I miss her so much! Can't wait to see you Monday.

Nanny #2 said...

What a sweet pea. And a genius. She is all ready to go to school!