Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Dinner Experience continues

We've been working our way (slowly) through the frozen dinners I've put together. We recently had a baked ziti-type dish that garnered mixed reviews. Sam and I were so-so about it, but Anne ate it with gusto! Neither Sam nor I cared for the sauce that was in it, but apparently Anne liked it.

She's also quite insistent at every meal that she needs a spoon. She can't really eat with it and mostly plays with it, but she won't put her hands in her food until she has a spoon. She just sits there saying "Ah poon. Ah poon" until you give in.

Saying "ah" usually means "where is?" Side story: When I get Annie out of bed she'll ask "ah puppy?" or "ah daddy?" but this morning Sam got her up and I could hear her down the hall asking "Ah mommy?" She NEVER asks for me, so it made my morning!

Here's Anne enjoying her pasta and milk. I highly recommend these stout sippy cups--the First Years Take-N-Toss 5 ounce Trainer Cups. What a name. We've also got the Take-N-Toss spoons and forks. Excellent utensils.

Givin' me the stink-eye while drinking.Tongue sticking out in concentration.
Success!
Mmm...good dinner, Mom! I will reward you with a smile and being nice when you wipe my face.

1 comment:

Nanny #2 said...

What a cute baby!
The TaNaK is the Torah, Nevi'im, and Ketuvim rolled into one word. It's what Jewish people call the Old Testament which is their entire Holy book. Boaz knows so much!