Wednesday, September 9, 2009

2-Week Check-Up

Sammy headed to the doctor yesterday for his first official well-baby visit. Here are the stats:

Weight: 9 lbs, 5 oz
Length: 21.25 inches

So he's up 4 oz from his birth weight, which is good, and he's grown almost an inch already. When was the last time you grew an inch in 2 weeks? His weight, length, and head size all fall right in the middle of the growth charts--he's the perfect example of average for a 2-week old baby boy.

Things are still going pretty well here. Sammy eats and sleeps (though he's been fussy today...) and Annie has moments of great pleasantness and sweetness, then moments of whipping her toys on the floor and randomly crying. The highs! The lows! I don't know if it really has anything to do with the baby or more to do with her impending 2nd birthday. What I do know is I am not her favorite person most days, and that's kind of sad. I hear lots of "I want Daddy!" or "I go to Oma's" Okay, baby, just keep taking tiny stabs at my heart! She's nice to the baby, which is more important than being nice to me right now.

1 comment:

Opa said...

She only wants to go to Oma's because Opa is there! Don't take it personally. :)