Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We're still here!

We're just not finding the time to blog. Two kids can really sap your energy. I was remembering my maternity leave after having Anne and I recalled how I didn't take a nap once during those 8 weeks. I didn't feel like I needed one. Now I'm dozing off on the couch once or twice a day!

Here are some photos to show you what we've been up to this last week and a half:

Sam completed a personal goal on Saturday when he ran his first 5K race. He was afraid he was going to a) die or b) finish last, and I'm pleased to say that neither of those things happened. He ran a cool 35:08...plenty of room for improvement, but his pre-race estimate of 32-26 minutes was pretty good!
Annie rockin' her sunglasses in the car. We have 2 new cars at our house, but that is a blog post for another day.

Annie's first ponytail! I thought she looked ready for a pink leotard and ballet slippers.

Samuel swings! He's had a few tries in the swing, and they've all gone pretty well. Here's hoping he learns to like it in the near future. Plus he looks like a fighter pilot with that extreme harness/buckle thing on.

Apparently in his sleep he reflects on the bone-headed parents he's stuck with.

Happy, sleepy boy, home from his first week of church.

And Annie, too. I tried to get a picture of them together, but it was a no-go. Annie doesn't want Samuel to touch her in any way, so we can't lean him on her lap or arm to snap a quick photo.


See what I mean?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is Erin, not Todd. The ponytail is too cute! Just wait till you are putting those in her hair every morning while she eats some cereal. And I love the fighter pilot Samuel.