Wednesday, September 23, 2009

One month!

Okay, so the "month day" was officially yesterday, but I did not seem to be in a fully-functioning state of mind yesterday, so here's the blog post and pictures.

This one actually was about a week ago, actually. His shirt says "I get my good looks from daddy." So true.
Here's Samuel's quilt from my Aunt Joy. Recall that Annie has a "Very Hungry Caterpillar" quilt, so we kept the theme going with a "Brown Bear, Brown Bear" quilt. It is beautifully made, just as all her quilts are. And before you go thinking I'm jealous of the kids' blankets, I'll say that I have one, too. Sam and I received one as a wedding gift. We are rich in handmade quilts!

Samuel, yesterday, at 1 month old. He was also sporting his Robeez football shoes for the first time.

With his matching pillow, attempting to tell me "I'm too sleepy! Please stop!"
And here he is last night, ready for bed. That darker spot by his shoulder is where he was kind enough to spit up on our bed. No, I did not wash the blanket. Apparently I'm willing to let the sheets and pillows get just a little bit more stinky before I launder them all. The amount of spit-up I encounter daily is truly amazing. My favorite so far? When he spit up while nursing and it rolled down my side/back and on to the pillow I was sitting against. And when it was all done and he was back in bed, I just laid down in it and went to sleep. Gross? Yes. Necessary? Also yes. Like I'm really going to change pajamas and strip the bed in the middle of the night. I need that 20 minutes to sleep! Who knows when the baby time-bomb will go off again?!?
We love you, little Sam. Just stop barfing all over, okay?

1 comment:

Staples said...

Too funny! I say sleep is WAY more important that changing the sheet!