Thursday, November 12, 2009

Um, yeah, that's awkward

In the category "things I never thought I'd experience" comes today's story of how my son gave me a hickey.

That's right, folks. A not-so-small purple bruise that makes it look like I've been making-out pretty intensely.

Sammy wants to suck his thumb so badly. In his attempts, he usually ends up sucking/chewing on his fists in a slurpy manner. Last night he was sleeping with us (I know, I know, bad habit) and I was trying to keep his pacifier in his mouth. He was getting grumpy so I shifted positions and put him up over my shoulder, thinking he might have a burp lingering in his tummy. He didn't, but he found himself a bit of contentment in sucking on the bottom of my neck/top of my shoulder. I knew he was doing it, but I thought "It's 3 am and I don't care!" Lo and behold, this morning I had a huge hickey on my neck! I had to dab some makeup on it and give thanks that my ID lanyard would cover it up. It's too hot in the library for a turtleneck :)

So there you have it. The most bizarre and uncomfortable parenting story you will hear this year. I shared with some friends at work today and they found it quite amusing.

A blurry picture of the damage done.

8 comments:

TB said...

Laughing my tail off--I needed that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Love you C and love you Sammy for the great story!
T

Nana said...

Oh, my, Corrie--just too funny! What interesting--umm--skills this boy is exhibiting. :P

Michelle said...

Oh that is so funny!! Quite the little sucking urge he has. Thank heavens for pacifiers or you'd be one red blotch!

Karen K said...

That is funny!

Randy said...

I have never made up that extensive of a story to cover up a hickey.

I have said too much.

Don't parents usually just blame smells on their kids?

Again, too much.

Randy said...

By the way, you don't have to approve that comment.

Or this one.

The Thuente Family said...

Haha! That's one for the baby book!

Ginger Murray said...

BAH HAHHAHAHAHAHA.... That's awesome.

Whatever Corrie. I know the REAL story....

jk;)