Friday, March 19, 2010

Back-Set Ball!

I don't know how to word this..."my" school's girls' basketball team is playing in the state tournament this week. "My" meaning the school I work in, not the school I attended. Anyway, they played their first game yesterday and I had the option to A) work all day or B) attend the game, since school was canceled for the day. Anne, Opa, and I decided to go to the game. Sammy went to daycare and we headed to Williams Arena to take in some "back-set ball," as Anne calls it.

Minnesotans will know that Williams Arena is where the Gopher basketball teams play, and that it is affectionately referred to as "The Barn." Anne found that fact quite amusing and kept saying "We're going to the barn! No cows, no pigs, no chickens."

We watched a very exciting game in which our Wildcats beat the Mustangs 54-46. Anne seemed overwhelmed by the whole thing and sat on one of our laps for the entire game. The crowd, the cheers, the pep band; it was a bit much for her. My camera batteries died, otherwise I'd have a picture of how cute she looked...she even had pigtails with purple bows. We sat right behind the Wildcat bench, 4 or 5 rows up, as evidenced in this photo, courtesy of the Republican-Eagle:
Opa is in the green windbreaker between the Mustang and the Wildcat. Anne and I were just to the left of that.

The Wildcats play again at noon today, so we have another day without students. I guess this is a perk of working in a tiny school district; team goes to state, school shuts down! I chose to work today instead of "hooping it up," so I'll have to catch the game on TV. Let's go, Wildcats!

1 comment:

Oma Penny said...

Anne's pigtails are the cutest!