Monday, March 22, 2010

A Wee Leprechaun!

I realize St. Patrick's Day was last week, but it took a while to get Annie to wear her shamrock hat/Irish beard and take a picture of it. So here she is!

I tend to favor the idea that our kids are just "American," since Sam and I both have a mottled mix of ancestors; all I know for sure is that they are more German than anything else. Click to enlarge the map of Germany below and look on the west side--you'll see "Westphalia" It contains the city of Dusseldorf, and I assume it is where the Westphalls hail from, originally.

Our kids are also Dutch, Native American, Russian, Welsh, and a few other things. They may or may not be Irish; we're not totally sure. But isn't everyone Irish on St. Patrick's Day?

2 comments:

Oma Penny said...

Westphalia? That is interesting. And what an adorable leprechaun!

Unknown said...

I vas born in Dusseldorf and das is why my name is Rolf.