Monday, March 22, 2010

Thankful for Words

I'm (obviously) quite pleased with Annie's verbal skills. In the last few days we've had situations in which an average 2-year-old would maybe have a tantrum or been frustrated with their lack of communication ability. However, Anne has done quite well with telling me how she is feeling. Two examples:

While eating dinner, Anne pushed her plate away and said "No, I am not going to eat my noodles." Frustrating, yes, but better than a screaming "NO!" and a plate flung to the floor.

Yesterday at the X I took Anne to the bathroom (at her request). She sat for a minute and the announced "No, I am not going to poop right now." Okie doke, kid! Let's get out of here, then!

Way to speak your mind, little lady.

1 comment:

Ginger Murray said...

"No, I am not going to eat my noodles." Too cute:)