Monday, October 11, 2010

An Annie Moment

A conversation:

Me: Anne, it is time for bed.

Anne: I SAID I don't WANT to go to bed!

Me: (gruffly pick up and dress child for bed)

Later....

Me: I am upset with you.

Anne: What should I say?

Me: (pause...think...)

Anne: What will make you happy?

Me: I would be happy if you would speak to me nicely. When I say it is time for bed, you should say "Okay, Mom", not "I said I don't want to go to bed!"

Anne: I was just kinda grumpy.

Me: (laughing) Oh, Anne. We all get kinda grumpy, don't we?



I can't believe my 3-year-old asked "What will make you happy?" She didn't mean "What will appease you and get you off my back?" but was genuinely concerned about improving my mood. What a kid.

2 comments:

Nana Harry said...

Like, like, like, like , like. You two are sure doing something right.

TB said...

what a great kid :)