Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Preschool Update

We had Anne's first parent-teacher conference last night.  As a teacher, I was pretty sure of what to expect, and it is exactly what we got: She's great, no concerns, thanks for coming.

Anne's class has two teachers, and we met with just one last night.  Mrs. B. told us that Anne is doing well in all areas.  She is an especially good helper to her classmates, she listens well and follows directions, and enjoys all activities in the classroom.  Her coloring and cutting are very good, she can write her first name (so cute, by the way!), and she does a good job of taking care of her coat and backpack (a big skill in the 3-year-old class).

As I've said before, I don't always get a lot of info from Anne about school.  When I asked her what she liked about school she said, "Playing kitchen and singing on the purple carpet."  She has 17 classmates, and a few names that get tossed around are Nora, Mac, Landon, and Willow.  I know that Nora is her good buddy, and Mrs. B. said that they play together a lot.

Sidenote: I felt bad for the teachers last night when I learned this class has girls named Annie, Evie, Avi, and Ari.  I'm betting they get mixed up once in a while!

All in all, Anne is doing just fine and enjoying school.  She is always excited to go and always excited to show us her projects and tell us what she's learned (with a little gentle prompting).  I'm a little excited because next Wednesday I get to take her and drop her off--something I've never done!  Maybe I can get another little peek into her world.

1 comment:

Nana Harry said...

I forgot to mention her project from yesterday. She put it in her "project box" under Mommy's bed. I hope you found it! She was especially proud of the color--orange for Halloween :) Sorry about that.