Saturday, November 19, 2011

Edited and Updated: Too many quotes for a status update

An argument that could only happen at our house:
Anne: Ooh, let's watch Giada!
Sammy: No!  Paula Dean!

Removing the tongs from the dishwasher...Sammy says, "Giada has that!"

Anne walked into the kitchen with a baby doll.  She said, "I'm an Indian!"  I said, "What do you mean?"  She said, "I'm an Indian.  I am stealing this baby."  I replied, "Huh?  Where did you learn that?"  She said, "From 'Peter Pan'!"

Here's the quote that made me think, "I gotta blog these": Anne asked me to come to the bathroom with her.  I lingered in the doorway for a moment while she got settled, then went to toss some socks into her laundry basket.  She shouted from the bathroom, "Mom?  Where did you go?  You said you would always be there for me!"  I thought to myself, "What the what?  Who says that?" Anne quickly recovered by laughing and saying, "That's like 'The Lion King'"  She had me reeling in the mom-guilt for a second!

1 comment:

Nana said...

Ahahahahahaha! Well, before I find any more movies for that incredibly bright daughter of yours, I'd better screen very carefully: Nobody stealing babies...Nobody making forever promises.... What a hoot! Thanks for blogging this stuff. New blogs make my day!