Thursday, June 11, 2009

What have we been doing?

Well, school ended and we've been fairly busy ever since. I had a good time with the girls celebrating Sarah's upcoming wedding. I only cried a little bit when I left Anne and managed to relax and enjoy dinner and the "after party," so to speak. Here's a chunk of the guests and the bride-to-be after dinner.Random thoughts:
1. Apparently the trend in bachelorette parties is for the guests to wear black and the bride to wear white. I had no idea, but that's what we did. Then we saw another party doing the exact same thing at the same restaurant, and then I saw pictures of a friend who attended a similar party the weekend before!
2. I never thought I would use the phrase "maternity Bermuda shorts" but that's what I was wearing. Man, I hate maternity clothes. So God-awful.

So I came home on Saturday and we spent Sunday together as a family. We did some shopping in Rochester and hit Sam's Club for a brick of Ramen noodles and a dozen rolls of paper towels (among other things).

Monday Sam played in a golf tournament, so Annie and I entertained each other. We tried, anyway. Rainy days and one-year-olds are not the best combination.

Tuesday was another family day, and by 2:00 Sam and I were looking at each other saying "I'm bored!" It was rainy again and we had nothing planned, so we just kind of moped around. No fun. We did have a softball game to entertain us that night--and Sam hit his second home run of the season! Definitely a result of all those afternoons in the weight room :)

Today I had a few things to look forward to--a doctor's appointment and a night out. We had a quick check-in with the doc this morning. Annie tagged along, so I was glad it was a brief visit. Baby Boy is fine, and I laughed after she checked his heartbeat, since he kicked back right where she had been pressing with the Doppler. Almost like he was saying "Hey, get outta here!" This evening Anne and I had a date to see some old college friends. There were 28 girls who lived on our freshman-dorm floor together, and we had an impromptu reunion. It was a small gathering, but it was nice to see some old friends again, especially those who brought their babies, too! I never would have guessed we would be talking "baby stuff" all these years later, but it happened.

Anne Update:
New things she says this week

"I honkee" (I'm hungry)

"Yep"

"Okay!" (instead of please, as in "Would you like more milk?" "Okay!")

What does a donkey say? "Hee honk!"

"I have"

"Come" (as in "Come, daddy." or "Come, puppy")

Talking to the dog: "Hi, boy!" "Up here, puppy" "Enough!"

"Almost" (she knows when we are close to home and says "Ah-mose" as we get closer)

"Cheeps" (chips)

"Peen butter" (peanut butter)

She's also quite loud. She just talks loudly. And yells things. Ironic that the librarian's child has more of a swim-coach voice...we'll pull into the driveway and she yells "There it is!!! A house!!!" And I'm thinking "Why are you shouting at me?!?!" We must work on volume control.

Up next: Wedding this weekend (Mom AND Dad away for the night!), then we get serious about Anne sleeping in her toddler bed. It must be done!

No comments: