Sunday, July 26, 2009

How does she do it?

How does she sleep for EXACTLY 2 hours? I'm talking to-the-minute, from the time I lay her down to the time she starts kicking and fussing in there. You could set a watch by that kid.

Funny story: I went out with my mom last night, so Sam was on solo parenting duty. He put Anne and Mikey in the car, ran a few errands, and then decided to take Anne down to the large playground near the river. He unpacked Annie, left Mikey in the car, and started to walk to the playground. Well, Mikey is a panicky dog, and he didn't like being left behind, so he started his yelping/crying/squealing routine. Sam tried to ignore it, but it is REALLY annoying, so about halfway across the grass he turned around, picked Annie up, and walked back to the car. His plan was to take Mikey home, then come back to the park. Anne, not understanding this, started up some big crocodile tears and said "I sorry, Daddy! I want to play park!" She thought she was in trouble and that he was taking her home! So he hauled the dog all the way home and went all the way back to the park. What a guy.

In large-sentence-speaking news, Anne outdid herself yesterday with "I want to get down now, Daddy." It sounds like "I wan get down now, Daddy" but still. That's 6 words together, 7 if you count the implied word "to." Pretty good for a not-quite-2-year-old.

And if you are worried about her motor skills, they're coming along. She does finally climb up the stairs and can climb on to our low-sitting couch. And she walks up the stairs with the railing at the park, so she's making progress! She also swings on her tummy at the park and has started yelling "Watch this!" before she does it. She loves attention, my mini-Sam.

No comments: