Friday, July 3, 2009

Pictures are here

The official wedding pictures have arrived, and there will be much-o sharing in the next few days. Here's one of my faves to get you through the holiday weekend.And in more "Showing Off" news, Anne astounded both of her parents today. We were having lunch and keeping Anne occupied with her little Magna-Doodle (an erasable writing board (best $2 I ever spent)). I drew various animals and asked Anne to identify them. She did well with my attempts at a puppy, kitty, and fish. Then I drew a circle and asked her what it was. "Circuh!" she replied. We were fairly impressed by that, but then she blew us away when Sam drew a triangle and asked her what it was. "Ty-anguh!" she shouted. We just gaped at each other for a minute, because neither of us has EVER told her what a triangle is--at least not with the intent of her remembering what it is. She's learning on the sly somewhere...

One more thing, then I'll stop, I promise. We live in a small town, so we take many of the same roads to get various places in town. With road construction this summer, our route to the "business" end of town has changed. Anne has observed on one particular street that there is a pro-life billboard with a picture of a baby. She likes that baby and comments every time we drive by it "Oooh, a baby!" However, it freaks me out a little that she asks "Where baby go?" when we are driving at the billboard from the OPPOSITE DIRECTION. Somehow she knows that it should be close by, but that we can't see it. I'd say that's pretty observant for a 1.75 year-old.

1 comment:

TB said...

Great picture :) Can't wait to see more!

Anne is really taking off with her knowledge--isn't she! Great job Anne!!!! :)