Thursday, July 23, 2009

We're goin' to the zoo, zoo, zoo; You can come too, too, too

Ah, Como Zoo. Cheap-o zoo, how I love you. Sam thinks it is "sad" how the animals don't have fancy habitats, but I say "Hey, this way I can actually SEE the animals, not just their fancy habitats." But I have no compassion for the animal kingdom...animals are for eating and entertainment and occasionally companionship.

Here's the rundown of what we saw at the zoo:
flamingos
giant tortoise (at feeding time--he had lettuce and carrots)
seal and sea lion (got to watch a training demonstration)
NO polar bears (they are living in Detroit while their pen gets revamped)
lions
tiger
zebra
giraffes (lots of giraffes)
ostrich (its feathers look like dead pine trees)
monkeys of all shapes and sizes

I failed at getting a decent picture all day. Here are some attempts:

Sam and Anne watching the seal training. The seal got a lot of stinky fish to eat!
Near the giraffe pen--which Sam thinks is the saddest of them all. Hello, they come from the African plains! They like the sun!

Anne gaping at a monkey doing something interesting.

Anne getting tired near the end of the day. I'm sure she was saying "I'm-a eat" or "I'm-a hungee" around this time. My hubby's pretty cute, though.

With Grandpa Steve and Melissa. Thanks for a fun day!

No comments: