Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter and a Sammy update

Here are the kids before church on Sunday, all pastel and pretty. Sambo received many compliments on his ensemble. Thanks for the hand-me-downs, Bennet! (Now that I think about it, Sam's wearing hand-me-downs and Christmas-gift shoes; Anne is wearing a $7 dress and Easter-gift shoes. I guess I paid $2.50 for some new hair bows. Still, Easter outfits for under $10. Score!)
Sambo is here, just hanging out, being 7.5 months old. He's very attached to mama and he can charm me like no one else. I just melt for him! I remember being so strict and scheduled with Anne--I was determined to teach her self-reliance and independence. With Sam, I let him sleep with me and I feed him when I know he really just needs to snuggle...I don't know if it is a 2nd child thing, a personality thing, or a boy vs. girl thing, but I do feel I'm much more relaxed and lenient with him!
How can you deny this child anything?!?!

He's showing little to no interest in crawling (sound familiar?), but he did start to sign "more" over the weekend, and that was quite exciting. He lives for solid food, as I've said before, and can put down an alarming number of Cheerios in a short amount of time.

School is out in just over 2 months, and I'm looking forward to a summer of fun with Anne and Sam (and Papa Sam, too!)

3 comments:

Oma Penny said...

Such good pictures! Mmm. . . what's that line I have quoted? As moms "we raise our daughters and love our sons." i.e. girls must toe the line while the boys get away with stuff more easily. So glad you have one of each! I love them so much!

Nana Harry said...

I'm with you, Oma Penny. Aren't we lucky? Two such special children, being raised by our two remarkable children! My life is so full of blessings!

Nanny #2 said...

I could never deny a sweater vest clad baby anything. Also, shoot! We should have gotten him Will's bow-tie outfit for this Easter. Then Will wouldn't have to suffer alone.