Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fun Annie Quotes

She's a talker!

Sam (singing): If you're happy and you know it, then your hands will surely show it...
Anne: No, (garbled nonsense)
Me: She wants you to sing it the right way.
Sam (singing): If you're happy and you know it, then your FACE will surely show it...
Anne: There you go, Daddy!

Anne: That's Grandma Joye
Me: No, Grandma Joye lives far away.
Anne: Grandma Joye is Oma's grandma
Me: No, she's Oma's mommy
Anne: That's great, Mommy (pats my hand for emphasis)

(After time-out and hug/apology)
Anne: I feel better. I'm a good girl.

Anne (cupping her hands together): I have a little puppy!
Me: What's its name?
Anne: Winnie-the-Pooh.
Me: Oh...what color is it?
Anne: Black. He has a tail.

Anne: We can see Mikey?
Me: No, we can't.
Anne: He's a good guy.

Anne: I hurt my body!

Anne: I need some mess-in-in (medicine). I need to feel better.

Anne: That makes me upset. (Or yesterday, when her crying made Sam Roman cry: "I made Sambo upset!")

Anne: We goin' to the ice cream store?
Me: Which store is the ice cream store?
Anne: The ice. Cream. Store. (severe emphasis on each word)
Sam: Yeah, Mom. Duh.

1 comment:

Nanny #2 said...

So, Todd read this post before me and was singing the song wrong too. I had yet to read the post, and yelled at him for singing it wrong. Either Anne and I are alike, or I need to grow up.